Fisker Karma 2012Posted on Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 in FISKER.
In the California car maker Fisker Automotive comes the Fisker Karma, the earth’s first true Electric Vehicle with extended range (EVer™) along with a radical expression of the items can be done within the automotive world. Elegant design rich in performance, ultra-low fuel consumption and zero pollutants when needed, the 4-door, four-chair Fisker Karma brings together the brand’s resolve for creating Uncompromised Responsible Luxury™ automobiles that deliver Pure Driving Passion. The Fisker Karma comes to showrooms this summer time, setting a brand new benchmark for time-to-market after being revealed like a concept in 2008 and creating the Premium Luxury EV segment.
Using its proprietary EVer™ powertrain the Fisker Karma can accelerate from zero-to-60 miles per hour in only 5.9 seconds, yet achieve the same as a lot more than 100 mpg and 83 g/km CO2 pollutants in tangible-world driving with an annual basis. The Fisker Karma can run purely on electric energy provided with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery for approximately 50 miles (80 km) next, a 175 kW generator driven by a competent, 2. liter, direct-injection, turbocharged gasoline engine stretches the number one more 250 miles (403 km). The Fisker Karma’s total range from recharge/refuel can achieve 300 miles.
Having a U.S. Manufacturer’s Recommended Retail Cost (MSRP) of $95,900 before federal tax incentives of $7,500, along with a €85,500 recommended retail cost in Europe.
2012 Fisker Karma Technical Specifications
- Motors: Two rear-mounted electric traction motors, mid-mounted lithium ion battery pack and front/mid-mounted range-extending gasoline engine/generator set
- Battery: 20 kWh, 180 kW lithium ion w/Nanophosphate™ technology (A123 Systems)
- Range-extending gasoline Engine/Generator set: 2.0-liter, 260hp, low-emission, four-cylinder direct fuel-injection w/ turbocharger (GM Ecotec®) and 175 kW generator
- Traction motors: 403 hp (300 kW) total [2 x 201.5 hp (150 kW)]
- Torque: 981 lb.-ft (1300 Nm)
- Transmission: Single-ratio gearbox/Limited Slip Differential combination
- Overall Length: 196.7 in. (4996mm)
- Overall Width: 78.1 in. (1984mm)
- Overall Height: 52.4 in. (1330mm)
- Overhang [f/r]: 35.9 in. (913mm) / 36.3 in. (923mm)
- Wheelbase: 124.4 in (3160mm)
- Track [f/r]: 66.6 in. (1692mm) / 67.0 in (1701mm)
- Cargo Capacity: 6.9 cu. ft. (195 l)
- Curb Weight: 5600 lbs. (2539 kg)
- Fuel Capacity: 9.5 US Gal. (36 l)
- Turning Radius: 40.4 ft. (12.3m)
- Stealth Mode
- Lithium-ion battery power only
- 0-60mph (97 km/h): 7.9 sec
- Top Speed: 5mph (153 km/h)
- Sport Mode
- Lithium-ion power with Engine/Generator
- 0-60mph (97km/h): 5.9 sec
- Top Speed: 125mph (201 km/h) electronically limited
- Total Range: 300 miles (483 km)
- Electric only: 50 miles (80km)
- Extended range: 250 miles (403 km)
- Stealth Mode